The Canadian Press

2015-04-10 | NS Budget

Preview Clip

Nova Scotia's film industry says the provincial budget will devastate their projects. A change will see the film tax credit cover only 25 per cent of eligible costs. It will allow film companies to claim the other 75 per cent of the credit against taxes they owe to the province. The province's finance Minister Diana Whalen said the move is necessary given fiscal challenges. (The change to the tax cedit takes place July 1st.)

Date: 2015-04-10
Placeline: HALIFAX.
Source: The Canadian Press
Length: 17 seconds

Transcript Prediction: << in our current fiscal climate we have to get the best value for every dollar we spend I know the industry relies heavily on this subsidy and I know it will continue I will continue to hear about the change we simply cannot afford to maintain the credit and its current form >>