The Canadian Press

2015-06-03 | Alberta Dialysis Water

Preview Clip

Alberta Health Services says one of four dialysis patients mistakenly treated with contaminated water in an Edmonton hospital last week has died. AHS president Vickie Kaminski says it's not known if the patient's death on Sunday was connected to the water problem two days earlier at Royal Alexandra Hospital. She says a wrong valve was opened during regular system cleaning and the water was released, containing peracetic acid and hydrogen peroxide. (She says AHS is installing extra lockouts on valves, improving valve indicators and using better signage to ensure the water supply is protected from contamination. It is also conducting a review to identify ways to prevent something similar from happening again.)

Date: 2015-06-03
Placeline: EDMONTON.
Source: The Canadian Press
Length: 14 seconds

Transcript Prediction: << so when we did the research on it and said it causes a sunburn like reaction inside the body and there's not a lot known about what the what the levels of exposure are inside internally >>