The Canadian Press

2015-08-07 | BC Park Policy

Preview Clip

$149.00
British Columbia's Environment Ministry introduces a new policy today that sets the terms for granting research permits in provincial parks. Wilderness Committee spokeswoman Gwen Barlee says she fears the permit policy opens the gates for industrial developments in B-C parks, including pipelines. (Environment Minister Mary Polak says in a statement that B.C. parks remain off limits to new industrial activity, but the research permits could play a role in deciding whether to adjust park boundaries.)

Date: 2015-08-07
Placeline: VICTORIA.
Source: The Canadian Press
Length: 18 seconds

Transcript Prediction: << what the participants policies about telling people how to take an industry how to take land out of parks and so we'd say rip up that a policy that Park boundaries need to be protected we only have 14% of the products protected to me has the other 86% available in some form for development >>


Earbank_2015-08-07_BC-Park-Policy_6701