The Canadian Press

2016-10-11 | Mushroom Warning

Preview Clip

Vancouver Island's health authority is warning mushroom pickers about potentially deadly fungi after one person was poisoned. Chief medical health officer Doctor Richard Stanwick says a male ate a mushroom he picked in downtown Victoria on October 3rd. Stanwick says he and a mycologist -- an expert in fungi -- dug up all the so-called death cap mushrooms they could find at the site on Sunday so no one else could eat them. (The B-C Centre for Disease Control has also warned recreational mushroom pickers to be careful about the death cap mushrooms that have been found on Vancouver Island and in the Vancouver area.)

Date: 2016-10-11
Placeline: VICTORIA.
Source: The Canadian Press
Length: 14 seconds

Transcript Prediction: << the specimens that we harvested probably there was enough basically Mushroom in there to kill 12 people so rather than just notifying mental individuals who are associated with the property the answer is you just remove it and then you talk >>